Sun, 21 May|
Ayurvedic Spring Day Retreat
During this Day Retreat, you will learn how to apply Ayurveda to daily life, and practice yoga, self massage and breath work appropriate for the Spring season.
Time & Location
21 May, 09:00 – 22 May, 16:30
Sheffield, 7 Edgedale Rd, Sheffield S7 2BQ, UK
About the event
Through this Day Retreat, you will gain an understanding of the natural cycles and how Ayurveda can help you navigate them with grace. We will explore Ayurveda, learning what your dosha means for your life, the elements that different foods bring into the body and how we can use foods to heal. You will learn self-facial massage techniques to open the sinuses, release blockages and stress within the jaw.
Participants will leave with a deeper understanding of themselves and how we each fit into the world. It will equip you with the knowledge to start to live a more balanced life in line with your unique constitution and experiences that have shaped you.
Through workshops, talks, meditation, breath work and movement it will leave you feeling inspired, refreshed and nourished.
In our society, it is incredibly hard to maintain balance and feel at home in our bodies. There are blanket ideas and rules as to what it means to be human and what it means to be healthy.
Ayurveda challenges that and helps us discover how understanding and embracing the elemental balance within our birth state can help us flourish as the unique individual that we are while also being part of a complex and beautiful system within nature. It helps us understand what health and fulfilment mean to us, and how that differs greatly depending on the person. It helps us feel empowered to take control of our own health and wellbeing by working with the elements around us.
Ayurveda helps us come home to ourselves and feel a sense of peace and belonging within the world and our own body.
Schedule of the Day
- 8:45 am Arrival
- 9 am-9:30 Morning circle
- 9:30-10:30 Ayurvedic yoga morning flow and breath work for Spring
- 10:30-10:45 (break)
- 10:45-12 Workshop: Intro to Ayurveda, understanding the doshas
- 12:05-12:30 Workshop: The elements in food and how we can use it for healing
- 12:30-1:15 Lunch –bring your own or get food in The Magic Sunflower café
- 1:15 – 2:15 Talk: The natural cycles of Ayurveda
- 2:15-3 (break)
- 3-3:30 Guided Ayurvedic face massage
- 3:30-4:30 Ayurvedic hatha yoga and meditation to close
Come to this retreat day...
* if you are struggling to connect to yourself
* you have health struggles or feel lost within our society
* if you are passionate about learning and developing yourself
* to deepen and understand your relationships with the world within and around you
* with an open mind
This Retreat Day is suitable for...
Anyone looking to learn more about themselves and their relationship to the world around them. You do not need any experience with yoga or Ayurveda however, please let me know if you have any injuries or are completely new to yoga so I can adapt the class accordingly.
You can also email before the retreat if you have more specialised needs.
Please book via this link: https://linktr.ee/samatherapist